We’re glad to announce that we will be presenting the ‘Best Concept’ Award at the Retailers’ Retailer of the Year Awards on Tuesday 7th March. The event, which is in its 18th year, will be held at the Guildhall, London for a second time. It is the only awards in the industry that are voted for by senior executives therefore is a true reflection of what the market identifies as the best companies, concepts and individuals.
Here’s the finalists for the Retailers’ Retail Awards 2017:
- Best Concept: Dishoom; Franco Manca; Hawksmoor; Nando’s; Pho and Wagamama.
- Emerging Concept: The Alchemist; BAO; Enterprise Managed Investments; FlatIron; The Draft House; Grind; Pizza Pilgrims and The Stable.
- Best Company: Living Ventures; Nando’s; Pret a Manger; Stonegate Pub Company; Wagamama and Young’s
- Best Venue: Albert’s Schloss, Manchester; Be At One, Birmingham; Boxpark, Croydon; The Clubhouse, Liverpool; German Gymnasium, D&D London; Ivy Chelsea Garden and Swingers.
- Best use of technology: Domino’s; New World Trading Company; Novus Leisure; Pho; Pizza Hut and Tossed.
- Deal of the Year: (completed by 23 December 2016): IPO of Comptoir Group; The Acquisition of Corney & Barrow by Drake & Morgan; The Acquisition of Ed’s Easy Diner by Boparan Restaurants Group; The Acquisition of GBK by Famous Brands; The Acquisition of Liberation Group by Caledonia; The Acquisition of Loungers by Lion Capital; The Acquisition of NWTC by Graphite Capital.
- Investor of the Year: Boparan Restaurants Group; Business Growth Fund; Graphite Capital; Luke Johnson; TDR Capital; Sir Charles Dunstone.
- The Evolution Award: Brasserie Blanc; Drake & Morgan; Eclectic/Brighton Pier Group; Greggs; Punch and Welcome Break.
Retailers’ Retailer of the Year: Clive Schlee, Chief Executive, Pret a Manger; David Campbell, Chief Executive, Wagamama ;Jillian MacLean, Managing Director, Drake & Morgan; John Vincent, Chief Executive, Leon; Mark Derry, Chief Executive, Brasserie Bar Co; Simon Longbottom, Chief Executive, Stonegate Pub Company