CGA Hero & Icon Awards 2017
The annual CGA Hero & Icon Awards took place on Wednesday 22nd November at The Brewery in London. The awards, which is in its 13th year, shortlisted 14 winners and celebrated four individuals chosen by the sectors leading executives and CGA’s exclusive BrandTracker Data. The shortlisted nominees included 50 different brands and companies from restaurants, pubs, bars and cafés industry in the U.K.
Below is a list of winners from the night:
- Best quality brand: Miller & Carter
- Best drinks offer: The Alchemist
- Brand XP award: Wahaca
- Consumer choice: Côte
- Newcomer of the year: Swingers
- Breakthrough brand: Flat Iron
- Evolutionary Brand: Pho
- Best destination opening within the last 24 months: The Ned, London
- Best concept: Dishoom
- Most admired company or brand: Wagamama
- Best Entrepreneurial Company – less than 50 sites: New World Trading Co.
- Best Company, with 50 sites or more: Wagamama
- Power Brand: Nando’s
CGA Vice President, Peter Martin said: “We are thrilled to celebrate the success of so many outstanding brands and individuals at this year’s CGA Hero Awards. These winners are the best-in-class champions of our industry, and we can all take inspiration from their achievements. With food, property and people costs all rising and Brexit looming, 2017 has not been an easy year for operators, but these winners highlight the incredible innovation, diversity and success of our sector and its enormous contribution to the UK economy. We salute them all.”
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees. More information about the event can be found on the CGA website.