The Food Made Good Awards 2019
The Food Made Good Awards recognise restaurants and foodservice businesses whose accomplishments in the last year have driven progress in the industry and demonstrated that all food can be made delicious, ethical and sustainable. The awards were held on Tuesday 5th November at the beautiful, iconic and sustainable Troxy in London. There were 20 winners on the night – each with their own individual, inspiring sustainability success story.
Below is a list of the winners that have proven to make a positive difference:
- Sourcing: Celebrate Local & Seasonal – WINNER: EN_Food
- Sourcing: Serve More Veg & Better Meat – WINNER: The Wheatsheaf Chilton Foliat
- Sourcing: Source Fish Responsibly – WINNER: YO!
- Sourcing: Support Global Farmers – WINNER: Nando’s UK & Ireland
- New award: One Planet Plate – WINNER: The Roebuck
- Environment: Value Natural Resources – WINNER: The Restaurant Group
- Environment: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – WINNER: BUJO
- Environment: Waste No Food – WINNER: Vacherin
- Good To Go Award – WINNER: Chris’s fish ‘n’ chips
- Society: Treat Staff Fairly – WINNER: YO!
- Society: Support the Community – WINNER: Costa Coffee
- Society: Feed People Well – WINNER: CH&CO
- New award: Product of the year – WINNER: Belu
- New award: Chef of the Year – WINNER: Deri Reed, The Warren
- People’s Favourite Restaurant – WINNER: Yeo Valley Canteen
- Food Made Good Champion Award – WINNER: Lauren Haffenden, Lakeside Restaurant and Coffee shop
- Food Made Good Supplier of the Year – WINNER:OLIO
- Food Made Good Business of the Year – The Wheatsheaf Chilton Foliat
- Rising stars – WINNERS: The Green Vic, The Vegetable Diva (Bristol) & Where the light gets in (Stockport)
- Raymond Blanc’s Sustainability Hero – WINNER: Greta Thungberg