Is your AC system winter ready?
It seems like only yesterday that we wrote our ‘is your air conditioning summer ready?’ and the sun was shining away. But here we are, in November, with the frost and ice starting to creep up. So, although many people think of an AC as a summer necessity, it’s just as useful in winter too, and you want to ensure that it serves you right through the cold wintery weather. Here are some of our top tips for ensuring your AC is winter ready:
- Set mode to ‘Heating/heat’ or ‘Auto’ (this is a sun symbol). The system will not heat in cooling/cool mode
- Ensure that the temperature is set no higher than 23 C
- Keep doors and windows closed to retain the heat in your restaurant. If you have overdoor heating, switch it on a couple of hours before the customers start coming in…
- Have your AC system serviced to ensure clean filters and coils, checking that they are free from any contaminants. This is the most common issue of an air conditioning system not working efficiently
- Check that no grilles are blocked. If they are, you will not have any air flow
- Have your ventilation system serviced to ensure the restaurant is suitably well-balanced. Negative pressure and cold air being dragged in though openings causes the AC system to struggle.
Turn on the system and test it early, if the system has a fault its best to find it before you need it, so there is time to repair if required, especially before the busy festive period!
If you have any questions or queries, or if your AC isn’t working as expected, contact our friendly team here